High heels aren't just for women. They're for anyone who wants to strut their stuff in glamorous footwear. High heels can be difficult to wear though, especially if you are not used to them. Men's feet are bigger and wider. That makes finding the perfect pair even harder. Follow these tips if you're Male and you want to rock a pair of heels.
- There are a few ways to step into (pun intended) wearing high heels if you are not used to them. Start out with a pair of elevator shoes or shoe lifts. Place shoe lifts into a dress-up shoe or knee-high boot to get used to walking in shoes with height.
- Start with a low or wedge heel and practice walking around in them. When you're ready, move to a stiletto heel. Everyone has challenges walking in stilettos. Do not get discouraged if you are not cat walking on your first try.
- Women's shoes run about 1.5-2 sizes smaller than men's. If you wear a size 10 in men's shoes, you will need a 12 in women's. You do not need to try on a pair of heels in the store if you do not feel comfortable. Consider purchasing a pair of shoes to bring home and try. You can always return them if the shoes do not fit.
- Always make sure you have enough room for your toes in the heel. Put the pair that you want on. Then measure the distance between the end of your longest toe (it's usually the second one) and the end of the heel. There should always be about the width of your finger in between the two.
- Women's feet tend to be narrower than men's. Feel free to ask for the size of shoes you want in wide. These sites also carry heels that fit men: www.allheelsformen.com, www.sexyshoes.com and www.loniashoes.com.
- Make sure your heels pass the stability test. Place your heels on a hard, smooth surface. Tap the shoes hard a few times. They are not stable if they wobble from side to side.
After you have worn heels for a while, take them off and show your feet some love. Soak them in warm water. Massage moisturizing cream or lotion into your feet. Then kick back and put your feet up. You earned it! You are a bona fide high heel wearer.