Facebook, Bumble, Kik, Instagram, Tinder, Snapchat and more are platforms that you can display your perfect selfie on. Selfies capture more than just a moment in time. They are chances to show-off our beautiful faces to the world! Scroll through the following tips to learn how to take the perfect selfie.
- Pick a pose. Practice taking pictures from different angles to find your "best side" that shows off your features. If you tilt your head to the side, your features appears less flat. If you hold the camera slightly higher than your face, your eyes will look bigger. If you want to draw attention to your (ahem) cleavage, hold the camera over your head and chest.
- Feature something in your selfie. Maybe it's a new pair of earrings or a favorite ring. Pose in a way that shows off the item you want to highlight.
- Concentrate on showing off one particular feature while downplaying the others. Wear a vivid lipstick color if you want to highlight your luscious lips, but keep your blush soft and natural. If you want to play-in your baby blues, velvet browns or jade greens, layer on themascara and keep the rest of your make-up subtle.
- Have an interesting expression. A smile is usually your best look, but raising an eyebrow or flashing a sideways grin can make you look intriguing. It may make people really want to know what your secret is! Capture your selfie in the moment of the emotion you want to portray. If you want to show happiness, take a picture we then you're happy. If you want to show sadness, snap a selfie when you're sad. Your selfies will look more emotionally authentic.
- Remember your lighting. Don't try to take a selfie in a dimly lit Room or one with bright fluorescent lights. Natural light is the best. Try to take a selfie near a window or even outside. Keep the sun and other bright lights in front of you. Natural light softens features and doesn't give it harsh shadows. Try not to use your flash. Flash gives your forehead a glare.
- Think about what is in the background of your selfie. Some of the greatest selfies have more than just a face. Show the world who you are through the background. If you love shoes, have rows of shoes in the background. If you're a mature guy or gal, take a selfie in front of a forest backdrop. If you love winter, pose during a snowfall.No matter what pose you choose, a selfie is about you. It's your chance to show others the best parts of you!