The Grammy Awards are a mecca for footwear fun because dresses are shorter and fashion is more playful. We compiled a list of the sharpest shoes and boldest boots from the last several years that hint at what’s in store for us on February 15th, the biggest night in music!
- Jennifer Hudson 2015 – Thong ankle-strap stilettos aren’t for the faint of heart, but Hudson’s empowered personality made them the perfect fit for her. Her secret weapon to keep them in place? A clear strap across the toe.
- Adele 2012 – She famously matched her manicure to her glittering silver Christian Louboutin shoes, a precursor to her shining performance of “Rolling in the Deep” later that night.
- Jenny Lewis 2015 – These bodacious Aritzia boots from artist Adam Siegel highlighted the eclectic voice of this indie talent.
- Corinne Bailey Rae 2012 – Christian Siriano squared-platform pumps offset the circular style of her perfectly proportioned black Siriano dress and jazzed up this soulful singer’s red carpet look.
- Lady Gaga 2010 – Her recent stunning rendition of the National Anthem at Super Bowl 50 was preceded by a different type of performance when she rocked these celestial Georgio Armani crystal-embellished platforms.
- Ciara 2011 – Pairing these fierce black Givenchy sandals with a flowing spring dress caused some controversy in the fashion world, but as her latest song “I Bet” shows, this R&B diva doesn’t shy away from expressing herself.
- Taylor Swift 2015 – Purple Giuseppe Zanotti sandals added some eye-pop to her elegance and set the stage for a fun night for this 7-time Grammy award winner. With 7 more nominations at this year’s ceremony, we’ll have to wait and see if her shoes can match up to her talent.
- Beyonce 2015 – Spectacular Fendi sandals adorned the feet of this 17-time Grammy award winner, the second most celebrated woman in the ceremony’s history. Her recent Super Bowl halftime performance in Christian Louboutin ‘Country Croche’ Black Boots makes us wonder – will her look be more classic or “Uptown Funk” this year?
Contact us today to get all the latest trends and styles from the red carpet!